WorkingKnowledge

I intend to provide a public forum for instructional design ideas and theories, as well as a structured reflective space. Comments are encouraged.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Introduction

I recently went to a pre-workshop at the ISPI (International Society of Performance Improvement) conference in Vancouver. While there, I had a great time bouncing ideas off of the other conference participants. I realized how much I miss playing around with ID theory and discussing "what if" solutions. There isn't much time for that now that I'm a full-time salaried Instructional Designer.

While I was a student and as an intern (I graduated with my Master's degree in August 2004), a favorite activity was sketching out a total-business training solutions with other students and interns. We did this informally on breaks and over lunch. Our creative solutions will never applied in the way that we suggested, but I was able to use some of the concepts and viewpoints in several of the projects that I actually worked on. I'm hoping that this blog will provide me with a structured reflective space, so that I can do some of this on my own. Another goal is to engage my co-workers in similar activities, but that requires other people and will happen outside of this blog.

Since one of the things that I miss is the synergy of discussing instructional design ideas and theories with others, I hope that you will post comments if one of my blog entries inspires a thought.

Thanks,
Varda Lobanov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home